Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Non-traditional Valentine

One of the many perks of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is getting to pre-order stuff. I ordered a few of the products that will be part of the Sale-a-Bration event that runs February 1st through March 31st. With every $50 you spend (before shipping and tax), you earn a free Sale-a-Bration product. And this year, you'll get to choose from 4 stamp sets, a ribbon bundle or a pack of designer series paper! I chose to pre-order one of the stamp sets that features 4 images that coordinate with Stampin' Up! punches, the designer series paper and the ribbon. The colors in the designer series paper (Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand) are so soothing, so I used them as the inspiration for a non-traditional take on a Valentine.


It's very subtle, but the heart image is stamped with two colors - I inked the stamp with Certainly Celery and then took a sponge dauber and applied some Bashful Blue randomly on the image as well. I cut out the heart, layered it over a circle with stampin' dimensionals and then applied it to the designer series paper panel with dimensionals. It gives the heart a nice depth on the card.

I'll be playing some more with my new goodies, so be sure to check back for some more projects real soon!



Stamps: Polka Dot Punches (available 1/19/09), Holidays & Wishes
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Versamark
Accessories: Delicate Dots designer series paper (available 1/19/09), scallop circle punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, white gel pen, white embossing powder, heat tool, sponge daubers, stampin' dimensionals.

7 comments:

Kathy W said...

love, love, love it, glad I pre-ordered set (no paper) waiting to earn the rest with all my new cattie purchases Feb 1

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have your sets already! I'm can't wait to play with them on Tuesday when mine get here. I love this card. I can see so many possibilities for patterned paper with this set. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

love this-this set is one of my 1st "must haves" for sure!

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card! I love that DSP, and I can't wait for the heart punch that matches the set! I am trying to control myself and not pre-order anything, but your card is sure making it much harder!

Hugs!

Carla said...

Love what you've done with your new goodies!

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Very soothing and subtle. Love the softness. It's a set that I'm going to have to get for myself. You're such an enabler!

Sara said...

Great use of the Polka Dot Hearts Marilyn. I think I'll have to case this one. Thanks for stopping by my blog btw. Sara

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin