Monday, January 12, 2009

Looking for inspiration?

In addition to all the awesome things about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator...the discount, the creative outlet, the friends I've made, the income...there's also tons of inspiration everywhere you look. From demonstrator and non-demonstrator blogs to great online stamper communities to the great resources that Stampin' Up! itself provides, there seems to be no end in sight! Today, I was browsing a SU! demonstrator magazine and found a fabulous little card that I just had to CASE. I didn't follow the exact layout - I changed the colors, the stamps, the designer series paper, and the position of the main panel. But the card featured in the magazine was just the kick-start I needed to create this beauty:


If you're having one of those days when you don't feel like you have a creative bone in your body, just look around. You're bound to find something that inspires you. Just find a place to start and then jump in and you'll be amazed how the juices will start flowing! Good luck!!

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Inspired by Nature
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: scallop edge punch, Sweet Always designer series paper, 5 petal punch, 1/2" circle punch, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, stampin' dimensionals

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

I so agree! I used the catty with my post just yesterday to use as a "jumping off" point for inspiration! Your card is a real beauty - love the colors you chose too - it makes you feel great when you create something like this doesn't it!

Jana O'Brien said...

Oh, Marilyn, what a fab card! I just love everything about it.

Kathy W said...

how did I miss this one? I think I forget about samples and just look at stamps- great idea

Anonymous said...

This is really cute. I found some of this paper when I was sorting out my retired and current stuff. I love what you did with it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love your color combo!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin