Friday, January 16, 2009

Gearing up for Valentine's Day

Well, I'm officially in Valentine's Day mode now! And the new "A Happy Heart" stamp set (available in the new Spring-Summer catalog) has some of the cutest images!! My first card uses the dandelion image and features a Real Red/Chocolate Chip color combo. I distressed the edges of the panels to add a little more texture. This one took me only a few minutes to pull together.


My second card featured the tic-tac-toe image with a Rose Red/Tempting Turquoise/Chocolate Chip color combo. This one was a little more time-intensive because I hand-cut each of the hearts and x's on the main panel. I tried coloring the image with markers, but found that I kept overlapping the colors because of how tight the space is on this image. So I stamped the entire image with Chocolate Chip ink and then adhered the hearts and x's directly on top, using a dimensional to adhere the center heart. Then I added some faux stitiching on the Chocolate Chip mat (traced the holes with a Chocolate Chip marker).

I hope you like them and feel inspired to create your own handmade Valentine's this year!

{{heart dandelion}}
Stamps: A Happy Heart
Cardstock: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Summer Picnic designer series paper, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, distressing tool, stampin' dimensionals

{{tic tac toe}}
Stamps: A Happy Heart
Cardstock: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip marker
Accessories: tool kit, stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Lynn Put said...

These are great Valentine cards! I'm wishing I had gotten this set now!
TFS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin