Monday, January 26, 2009

Appletini, anyone?

I wanted to make a card for friend who's adjusting to life without her husband (he passed away recently). Instead of a somber card, I wanted something a bit more cheery and upbeat. When I found this card by Patti Chesky while blog-surfing, I just KNEW it would be a great inspiration. Tonight at a girls-night-out dinner, my friend had an Appletini, so I adapted the standard martini image in the Cheers to You stamp set with a little paper-piecing. I hope it brings a little smile to my friend's face!


Stamps: Cheers to You
Cardstock: Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black, Gable Green
Accessories: scallop circle punch, 1-1/4" circle punch, stampin' dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig

5 comments:

Lynn Put said...

This is sure to bring a smile to your friends face! I love the fun image and colors!
I have to get this set it looks like a great one to have!

Anonymous said...

This is a very cute card. I hope it "cheers" your friend up. I can't imagine going through something so tragic. You are so thoughtful to make her such an adorable card.

Anonymous said...

Cute card...I love appletini's! Your friend will love receiving this.

Kathy W said...

nice friend! like the use of punch for dry emboss look

Jana O'Brien said...

What a fun card! I love the punched circles.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin