Monday, January 5, 2009

Little birdie birthday

I'm working on replacing all the holiday cards on my sample display, so I dusted off this trusty stamp set, "A Little Birdie Told Me." I forgot how much I like this set and how versatile it is with so many options to go with the sentiment. I used the "it's your birthday" inside this one.


Instead of coloring in the bird images, I decided to paper piece them using some designer series paper. It adds more dimension and character to them! And despite buying them a few months back, I finally broke into the clips assortment. I love how I can use just a tiny bit of ribbon tied around the clip instead of wrapping it around the entire card or a panel. Hope you like it!!


Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me
Cardstock: textured Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon black
Accessories: Haiku designer series paper, More Mustard grosgrain ribbon, clips assortment, stampin dimensionals

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

great card and paper piercing!

Marilyn said...

Darling card - love the bird paper piecing too - I too have too many dusty stamp sets on the shelf b/c there are so many new things to play with - thanks for the reminder of this set!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin