Friday, January 2, 2009

New year, new technique

I hope 2009 is off to a great start for you! With the new year, I thought it would be great to try out a new technique - not new to the world of stamping, but new to me - the dryer sheet technique. I'm going to teach this technique at my stamp club meeting later this month. Before you see my first attempt, let me say that I just couldn't get a great shot that really shows off how sparkly this technique is. I love anything with glitter and this technique is perfect for glitter-lovers!

In addition to a new technique, I'm also using a new stamp set - a Level 1 hostess stamp set that can be earned when the Spring-Summer Idea Book & Catalog is released later this month - and new designer series paper that is so so yummy! Hope you like it...



Stamps: Echoes of Kindness (new Hostess set available 1/19/09)
Cardstock: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon black, Rose Red marker, Regal Rose marker, Old Olive marker
Accessories: Rich Regals brads, scallop edge punch, stampin' dimensionals, dryer sheet, xyron machine, dazzling diamonds, Raspberry Tart designer series paper (also available 1/19/09)

3 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

Just beautiful, Marilyn! I haven't tried this one; I certainly have plenty of dryer sheets though...

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Marilyn. I love all the sparkle!

Kathy W said...

this one is beautiful too, haven't tried this technique yet.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin