Sunday, April 12, 2009

Take the cake

I'm not sure where the inspiration for this card came from, but once I started playing with the image, it took on a life of its own! I stamped the image on Kiwi Kiss, Barely Banana and Tangerine Tango. Then I cut out the cake from Barely Banana and Tangerine Tango and pieced them onto the Kiwi Kiss image. I colored in the cake plate and candle flame with a Versamarker. Using the middle daisy from the Daisies #2 die, I created a burst behind the image and mounted with stampin' dimensionals. I added just a bit of ribbon and two green rhinestone brads to the top corners to finish it off. I hope you enjoy it!!


Stamps: Eight Great Greetings
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Barely Banana
Ink: Stazon Black, Versamarker
Accessories: Tangerine Tango striped grosgrain, Big Shot machine, Daisies #2 die, 1-3/4" circle punch, Ice rhinestone brads, stampin dimensionals

3 comments:

Diana said...

Wow - The card is awesome! And to think you made this and posted it while you were flying to Florida - You never cease to amaze me!

Jana O'Brien said...

I love the color combo and the paper piecing on the cake!

Kathy W said...

fun color combo and like the use of daisy die

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin