Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dryer sheet, part II

I demonstrated the dryer sheet technique at my upline's group meeting tonight and used this card from my stamp club as the sample. But I also wanted to show an alternate way to use the technique. Instead of stamping and then covering the image with the dryer sheet, I used a plain piece of Pacific Point cardstock and used the turquoise Fine Cosmo glitter and came up with this:

I wish you could see just how sparkly this card is in real life! I love the background it creates for the butterfly image. Enjoy!

Stamps: Dreams du Jour, Trendy Trees
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Fine Cosmo glitter, 1-1/4" square punch, scallop square punch, aquapainter, stampin' dimensionals, brayer, dryer sheet, Xyron machine

5 comments:

Jennifer Orbaker said...

So pretty and sparkly!!! Love it! You should do a tutorial on your blog for it!

Kathy W said...

love it, you are so clever!

Lynn Put said...

Wow this is so pretty just from the picture I can only imagine how glittery and pretty it is IRL!
Great technique!
TFS

Stamp and Smile said...

COOL Technique Marilyn!! Gorgeous card and glittery effect for sure... Smiles! :)

Sara said...

I'm going to have to look up this technique. I love this card. The bling is nicely balanced by limiting the other elements on the card. Beautiful. Sara xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin