Thursday, June 17, 2010

Elegant Birthday Wishes


Time is running out for 30 of Stampin' Up!'s core colors as part of the big color renovation! While I'm sad to see some of them go, I'm very excited about the new color collections and new In Colors being introduced on July 1st.

Today's card features one of the retiring colors, Orchid Opulence. While I didn't reach for this color very frequently, I'll miss the intensity of this shade of purple. Sometimes it was "just right" for a particular project - like this one. I love how the vibrant hue off-sets the understated Certainly Celery to create a bright and cheerful combo! And that fabulous new Watercolor Trio stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog adds such a nice elegance to the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

~~Marilyn~~

Stamps: Watercolor Trio
Cardstock: Naturals White, Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, Basic Black
Ink: Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, Stazon Black
Accessories: corner rounder, stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Patricia Drybala @ Stamped Sentiments said...

I love the elegant simplicity of this card. Watercolor Trio is one of my favorite sets in the summer mini. I'll be CASEing this for sure!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin