Friday, June 11, 2010

Butterfly on my Mind

Today's card features one of the soon-to-be-retired colors, Pale Plum. This was one of my first favorite colors, and I'll be sad to see it retire. I wanted something very subtle but elegant so I went with a monochromatic color scheme. The cardstock for the butterfly was stamped first and then run through the Big Shot with the Beautiful Butterflies die. I sponged the edges to soften it a bit and mounted it with stampin' dimensionals. A simple sentiment, more color sponged around the ends of the card, and done! This card could be recreated in any color for a variety of occasions.

Thanks for stopping by!

~~Marilyn~~


Stamps: Fresh Cuts, Upsy Daisy
Cardstock: Pale Plum, Whisper White
Ink: Pale Plum
Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die, sponges, stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

great idea to use fresh cuts as background- inspires me, i hardly ever touch that stamp

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin