Monday, August 9, 2010

More stencils

As promised yesterday, I have another card to share that features Stampin' Up!'s Decor Stencils.
Today's card was inspired by fellow demonstrator, Emma Fewkes. She expanded the ink stenciling to include heat embossing as well. I used a Versamark ink pad with the stencil, removed the stencil, applied white embossing powder and set with a heat tool. This creates a white-on-white effect that's hard to see...until you add ink on top of it, that is! I used a jumbo wheel to apply a stamped image and then lightly rubbed the cardstock to remove the ink where the embossing resists. Then I added a little more ink with a sponge over the image panel to provide more contrast for the embossed image.

So I challenge you to try these stencils. I promise they're a lot of fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

~~Marilyn~~


Stamps: Because I Care, Very Vintage
Cardstock: Bashful Blue Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue
Accessories: Elegant Trio stencil, white embossing powder, heat tool, sponge, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, stampin' dimensionals

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

I have not tried the stencils yet- but like your take on it and embossing=fun,fun, fun

Jana O'Brien said...

I just got these too! Love the idea of using it for embossing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin