Thursday, May 28, 2009

Single Color Challenge

Here's a fun challenge for you: select one color and build a card using only that color. With this challenge, I wanted to show that it's possible to create something with very limited supplies - perfect for new stampers.


I started with a cardbase of Baja Breeze and added a strip of Urban Oasis designer series paper (DSP) with a Baja Breeze pattern. This particular piece of DSP has the floral images from the Fifth Avenue Florals in a tone-on-tone effect. To add more dimension, I stamped the large rose from that stamp set with Baja Breeze ink. Then I took a small strip of Baja Breeze cardstock and covered it with Baja Breeze ink using a brayer to create a deeper shade of the same color. I added a single line of piercing and a simple sentiment, also in Baja Breeze. Finally, I stamped another rose image with Baja Breeze at the bottom by stamping off once on scrap paper so the intensity of the color is a shade lighter.

I challenge you to see what you can create using only one color! If you post your project, please leave the URL in the comments - I'd love to see what you create! :-)


Stamps: Celebrations, Fifth Avenue Florals
Cardstock: Baja Breeze
Ink: Baja Breeze
Accessories: Urban Oasis designer series paper, brayer, tool kit

3 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

Gorgeous card, Marilyn! Baja Breeze is the perfect color for the challenge; I'll definitely miss it!

Stamp and Smile said...

Only using one color is for sure a challenge! You did a super job and yes, this card is "great" for NEW STAMPERS!! TFS... :)

Sheryl Braun said...

Absolutely AWESOME!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin