Monday, May 25, 2009

How could I forget??

I'm hanging my head in shame today....I let the 35th anniversary of me and my best friend Natalie pass me by. And not by a day or two. Oh no, my slip-up is much worse. Try an entire month!

We met back in 1974 when I moved to Carmel, Indiana. She lived only 2 doors down and I remember seeing her sitting on her bicycle in the cul-de-sac as we were unpacking. It was an instant friendship and has sustained despite being in different states for the last 13 years. I made this card to send to her:



The color combo comes from our favorite colors - blue and pink. I used rub ons for the sentiment, layered several punches, and added heat embossing to round it out. I sure hope she likes it!

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Kraft, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Fashion District rub ons, white embossing powder, heat tool, Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon, wide oval punch, scallop oval punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, Summer Picnic designer series paper, stampin' dimensionals

3 comments:

Kathy W said...

wonderful card!

Stamp and Smile said...

Your friend will LOVE it! (I know I DO!!) So special keeping a friendship going for years... the memories!! :) Love the 5th Avenue Floral set used... so inspiring girl!! SMILES... Michelle :)

Nicole said...

So soft and pretty - I love it, Marilyn!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin