Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm back

Sorry for my disappearance this week! This summer has been absolutely crazy. I had planned to take a week off with my son so we could visit my mom and step-dad in Chicago and it came at the perfect time. It was nice to get away and enjoy time with family. The highlight of our trip was the Harry Potter Exhibit at the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry - wow! If you can get there before it ends in late-September, I'd highly recommend it.

Anyway, that explains where I've been and why I haven't posted in more than a week. But I'm back and I have another clean and simple design.



So, I saw a neat little trick using the Fancy Favor die to create a decorative edge. Cut your cardstock or designer series paper to 3" wide and place it along the box edge on the die. A beautiful decorative edge in a few cranks of the Big Shot handle!

Using Stazon ink makes watercoloring so easy. I used an aquapainter and picked up some Rich Razzleberry ink to color in the flowers, going back over to create some darker shading of the blooms.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm off for an afternoon of stamping with some friends - FUN FUN! :-)

Stamps: Embrace Life, Garden Greetings (dormant)
Cardstock: Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Razzleberry Lemonade designer series paper, Big Shot, Bigz XL Fancy Favor die, word window punch, modern label punch, aquapainter, stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great tip! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin