Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sail Away

Today's card was made for a neighbor who graduated high school last weekend. I opted not to go the school colors route (my usual "go to") and opted for a more mature approach.

I stamped the boat image once on Baja Breeze, once on Whisper White and once on Real Red. I trimmed the sails and flag and attached to the Baja Breeze panel. Then I used a Baja Breeze marker on the boat and waves to highlight them a bit. Baker's twine is great for adding some extra dimension to your project without adding bulk. It's a bit hard to tell in the picture, but I sponged all the edges to soften them up.

The inside (which I forgot to photograph) had a sentiment from the Word Play set ("Go confidently in the direction of your dreams") perfect for graduations!

Thanks for stopping by!

~~Marilyn~~


Stamps: Sail Away
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Real Red, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon black, Sahara Sand, Real Red, Baja Breeze
Accessories: white baker's twine, sponges, stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

love this sailboat, like how you stamped it and popped up

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin