Sunday, December 12, 2010

Handmade Holiday Gifts

Today I'm making up for lost time....and a lack of posts. I have three projects to share!

The first one is a gift I made for my fabulous upline. I created the center panel with My Digital Studio using a quote from Gandhi that I love:

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony."

I also used some new designer series paper that will be available starting December 17th as part of a bundle promotion. And then a little satin ribbon and done!




The second project is one that I made for a gift exchange with others in my upline's group. After a nice lunch together, we got to select a handmade gift. I used a fun and whimsical color combination with butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslit. In a few cranks of the Big Shot handle, you get five gorgeous butterflies
- all embossed and die-cut and ready to use. You can't tell from the photo, but I jazzed up the the butterflies with some smooch spritz and rhinestone jewels.

And this was the gift that I got and WOW is it beautiful! It's a large canvas painted Cherry Cobbler (one of my new favorite colors!) with gorgeous ribbons and brads creating a one-of-a-kind memo board. Am I lucky, or what?? It was created by a super-creative demonstrator, Mary Knabe who, unfortunately for you, doesn't have a blog. She continuously blows me away with her fabulous projects so I'm thrilled to have a Mary-original in my hands!

If you're looking to make a gift this holiday season for someone special,
I hope you found some inspiration in today's projects. Thanks for stopping by!

~~Marilyn~~



{{pink frame}}
Stamps: none
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: none
Accessories: My Digital Studio, Love Patterns designer series paper, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon

{{butterfly frame}}
Stamps: Whimsical Words (retired)
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Pear Pizazz, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo
Accessories: Vanilla Shimmer smooch spritz, basic rhinestones, Big Shot, Scallop Square die, Beautiful Wings embosslit, stampin' dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin