Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Experimenting with new technique

I found a fabulous technique called Herringbone that was featured on fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator Dawn Olchefske's blog and couldn't wait to try it out! It's a great way to use up scraps of designer series paper. I used the Christmas Cocoa DSP from the Holiday Mini Catalog for the technique and LOVE how it turned out! This is definitely a technique I'll be using a lot!

Thanks for stopping by !

~~Marilyn~~


Stamps: Berry Christmas
Cardstock: Real Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Soft Suede
Accessories: stamp-a-ma-jig, Christmas Cocoa designer series paper, sponges, wide oval punch, stampin' dimensionals

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Oct. 29. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Kathy W said...

great project- just a wow!

Dawn Olchefske said...

Love the Christmas Herringbone Marilyn!

Marilyn said...

Way to go - awesome card! Love this herringbone technique, and it really speaks to me because I have tons of scraps I need to use up!

Lynn said...

Awesome technique, I love it! Your card is fantastic!

Jana Emmert said...

Very cool, Marilyn! Maybe I'll work up the nerve to try this now.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin