Monday, March 2, 2009

Victorian Rose

I'm not crazy about the final project, but I was going for a Victorian vibe. I challenged myself to use Sage Shadow (a color I don't use very often), and when this color combination came together, it seemed to fit the bill. It's a little hard to tell in the photo, but the Sage Shadow panel was run through my Big Shot (my new favorite toy!) with the Flourish pattern texturz plate.


Don't look too closely - this was my very first attempt using the eyelet border punch and my holes don't line up perfectly. I've become much better at it with some practice! ;)

Stamps: Dreams du Jour
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Sage Shadow, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black, Regal Rose, Perfect Plum, Sage Shadow
Accessories: eyelet border punch, rose grosgrainribbon, Big Shot, texturz plates Stampin' Up Backgrounds, stampin' dimensionals

4 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

I like it! I get the Victorian vibe. I had the same trouble with the lining up the punch; that's the only bad thing about those little holes!

Marilyn said...

Haven't gotten the eyelet punch yet - but I think your punching is great - and the Victorian look for this card is perfect!!

Kathy W said...

I love sage shadow, but it is tough to match it to other colors. great card, like use of dry emboss too

Sara said...

An interesting colour combination. Not one I would have thought of but it has a decidedly victorian flavour.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin