Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sparkly cupcakes

With so many of the designers series papers (DSP) retiring (because they include In-Colors), I'm on a quest to use it up. I made a fun birthday card using the fabulous Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set (could be because I'm addicted to cupcakes!).

I used just a strip of Washington Apple DSP on a layer of Whisper White, edged with the eyelet border punch. I stamped the cupcake with Stazon so I could use my aquapainter to color in the image and then made them nice and sparkly with some Dazzling Diamonds. I layered on some textured Pink Pirouette and added just a small tab of ribbon.

Enjoy!

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, textured Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Washington Apple designer series paper, aquapainter, eyelet border punch, 2-way glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Bashful Blue striped grosgrain ribbon, stampin' dimensionals

3 comments:

Sheryl Braun said...

I love this! Great layout, will definitely copy this one too!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I agree! This is a very cute card and great layout! Love your touch of ribbon!

Jana O'Brien said...

I love the color combo, and this is a great use of retiring items!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin