Monday, June 29, 2009

Final countdown


It's the final countdown until the new Idea Book & Catalog is here and the new In Colors debut!! I love the funky "Trendy Trees" stamp set and it works wonderfully with the new colors! For this card, I used 3 of the new In Colors - Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry. I used a layout from a card featured in the Stampin' Up! demonstrator magazine, Stampin' Success.

I wanted a little more dimension with the tree, so I stamped it twice - once onto sentiment panel and again onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. I cut out the second image and layered it on top using stampin' dimensionals (similar to what I did with my lion card). Here's a close-up of the tree:



Stamps: Trendy Trees, On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Kraft, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry
Accessories: eyelet border punch, stamp-a-ma-jig, stampin' dimensionals

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

like the use of in colors with older set

Stamp and Smile said...

Great card! I'm a Trendy Tree lover and a very stylish card indeed!! TFS... ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin