Sunday, April 17, 2011

Swap Share

Today's card is one that I made for a recent swap. The theme was Mother's/Father's Day. I'm always struggling for masculine cards that aren't hunting or sports related. As a demonstrator, I get to see the new products before they're unveiled to the general public and I was thrilled to find a new masculine stamp set in the upcoming Summer Mini Catalog!



My card came together quite quickly. I used markers to ink the ties (there are actually five ties on the stamp), punched out the image, and stamped the sentiment on a scrap of cardstock. The card still needed a little something more, so I used my beloved Big Shot and the square lattice embossing folder.

I used the "best dad ever" sentiment for my swap card so that people could then choose to use it for Father's Day or they could use it for a birthday card instead.

Thanks for stopping by!

~~Marilyn~~


Stamps: Best Dad Ever
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, Wild Wasabi, Naturals White
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, 2-3/8" circle punch, stampin' dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin