Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gearing up for the holidays...

Well, I'm certainly in Christmas mode - at least in my cardmaking, that is! I have vowed to be better prepared this holiday season and not be scrambling to pull together my Christmas cards. I'm happy to report that I'm about half-way done!

I have a new card to share, featuring the wonderful ala carte Dasher stamp. If you haven't heard or seen, Stampin' Up! has a line of single stamps all for under $10 each! There are 16 in the Idea Book & Catalog and 3 in the current Holiday Mini Catalog so check them out!!


To create the scallop flower behind Dasher, I simply used the Fancy Flower punch and trimmed off pairs of petals that are placed around the circle's edge. It's a great way to get more mileage from that punch :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

~~Marilyn~~


Stamps: Dasher, Four the Holidays
Cardstock: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: scallop edge border punch, fancy flower punch, 2-1/2" circle punch, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Jolly Holiday designer series paper, stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

great tip about the scallop circle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin