Thursday, September 4, 2008

Expedited excitement!

For the very first time since becoming a demonstrator 3 years ago, I splurged and paid for expedited shipping. Wow, I could get really spoiled with that! :) Sitting on my doorstep today was my new Big Shot (!) machine and goodies from the new Holiday Mini Catalog that will mail later this month! After playing around with the Big Shot, I focused on the new Create-a-Calendar '09 kit. Included in the kit is:
  • 1 sheet of exclusive, self-adhesive die cuts
  • 12 pre-printed calendar pages with coordinating designer series paper pattern on the reverse side
  • 1 Bashful Blue printed die-cut pocket
  • 36" of Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon

And here's my finished project:

I wasn't too adventurous with the design - I pretty much copied the sample on the kit cover. Then I took at 4-1/2" x 9" chipboard clipboard (say THAT fast 5 times!!!) and covered it with a sheet of Washington Apple designer series paper in So Saffron. I applied So Saffron craft ink to the top of the clipboard, adhered some of the grosgrain ribbon and tied some to the top loop.

On the calender pages, I marked the big holidays with the "Mark the Date" stamp set and Riding Hood Red ink.

I think it turned out adorable! And for the small price tag, this makes such a wonderful gift item. You can keep the months in the folder and switch them out on the clipboard each month. Enjoy!



6 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh Wow! I must have this calendar! That is sooooo cool. Just when I'm finally about to get some stuff from the fall/winter catalog now there's a holiday mini!?!?! Oh I'm in big trouble!

You're right, that is a great gift idea...I'm gonna be very busy this holiday season!

Emily said...

This is so cute Marilyn! I just love that kit! You did a great job!

Marilyn said...

I saw this calendar, but haven't ordered it yet - now I am second guessing myself! What a cute and easy project! TFS!!

Kathy W said...

oh so jealous! I only expediated once, my winter mini orders haven't even shipped yet! I too did not order the calendar, but would make a cute class

Lynn Put said...

This turned out great, its very cute! I wanted to order one of these kits and now after seeing yours I'm even more tempted!

Ret said...

The calendar kit came out really cute. hmmmmmm, one mroe thing on my list!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin