Friday, April 4, 2008

Challenge to the Rescue!

Everytime I've sat down to work on a stamp project this week, it seems my inspiration just wasn't there. So when that happens, I look for a Splitcoaststampers challenge and that seems to do the trick. This is my take on the SC168 challenge using the adorable Cutie Pie and Designer Prints DSP. And once again, I turned to the Absolutely Fabulous stamp set! The focal image is created using Ginormous Flowers and punched with the 5-petal flower punch. To get the two colors, I inked up the stamp with So Saffron and then rolled the edges in Rose Red - a fun technique called rock & roll. Then I punched out 2 more flowers in coordinating colors and just rotated them to get a fuller flower. Enjoy!

Stamps: Ginormous Flowers, Absolutely Fabulous
Cardstock: So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Rose Red
Ink: Rose Red, So Saffron
Accessories: white taffeta ribbon, 5-petal flower punch, Ice rhinestone brad, Cutie Pie DSP, Designer Series DSP

14 comments:

Joanne said...

Fabulous card Marilyn

kraftykathy1 said...

absolutely fabulous

Tiffany said...

This card is so awesome!!!! TFS!

Jana Emmert said...

Love it! Great use of the DSP, and your flower is so pretty.

newenglandstamper said...

Great card - love the rock n roll technique on the flower.

Nancy Riley said...

Love your combination of designer papers on this card! The 5-petal flower looks fantastic with the rock 'n roll technique!

Marilyn said...

Love the rock-n-roll technique!! This is a wonderful card with the challenge!

Nicole said...

Great card! Love the colors you paired for the rock-n-roll technique!

Sandi Berg said...

Wow! That flower is so pretty! I love how you colored the top one!

Vickie said...

This turned out so pretty!! I just LOVE the color combo!! I have yet to try the rock and roll technique....to cute!! Great job sweetie!!

Robin said...

Super cute! and uses my latest fav sentiment set . . . love those stamps!

Debbi said...

This is so super cute!

*Jenni* said...

Love the colors!

Stampin' Colleen said...

This card is just too cute! I love how you 'tipped' the flower!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin