Friday, April 4, 2008

Challenge to the Rescue!

Everytime I've sat down to work on a stamp project this week, it seems my inspiration just wasn't there. So when that happens, I look for a Splitcoaststampers challenge and that seems to do the trick. This is my take on the SC168 challenge using the adorable Cutie Pie and Designer Prints DSP. And once again, I turned to the Absolutely Fabulous stamp set! The focal image is created using Ginormous Flowers and punched with the 5-petal flower punch. To get the two colors, I inked up the stamp with So Saffron and then rolled the edges in Rose Red - a fun technique called rock & roll. Then I punched out 2 more flowers in coordinating colors and just rotated them to get a fuller flower. Enjoy!

Stamps: Ginormous Flowers, Absolutely Fabulous
Cardstock: So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Rose Red
Ink: Rose Red, So Saffron
Accessories: white taffeta ribbon, 5-petal flower punch, Ice rhinestone brad, Cutie Pie DSP, Designer Series DSP

14 comments:

Joanne said...

Fabulous card Marilyn

Kathy W said...

absolutely fabulous

Unknown said...

This card is so awesome!!!! TFS!

Jana O'Brien said...

Love it! Great use of the DSP, and your flower is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Great card - love the rock n roll technique on the flower.

Nancy Riley said...

Love your combination of designer papers on this card! The 5-petal flower looks fantastic with the rock 'n roll technique!

Marilyn said...

Love the rock-n-roll technique!! This is a wonderful card with the challenge!

Nicole said...

Great card! Love the colors you paired for the rock-n-roll technique!

Sandi Berg said...

Wow! That flower is so pretty! I love how you colored the top one!

Vickie said...

This turned out so pretty!! I just LOVE the color combo!! I have yet to try the rock and roll technique....to cute!! Great job sweetie!!

Robin said...

Super cute! and uses my latest fav sentiment set . . . love those stamps!

Debbi said...

This is so super cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors!

Stampin' Colleen said...

This card is just too cute! I love how you 'tipped' the flower!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin